Beach is a best place to relax and spend time with your loved ones. Lucky are those people who live across the beach as they can visit there whenever they want. But no destination is too far if you really want to visit and enjoy.
Alibag is a small coastal town in western India. It is around 100 kms from Mumbai and 146 Kms from Pune. In case you live in Mumbai and want to visit Alibag. Catch a ferry from Gateway of India at nominal price and reach Mandwa and from there you will get a bus to Alibag. In case you are coming from cities other than Pune and Mumbai, then you may have to stay. There are multiple options to stay in Alibag. You can take help of Goibibo and Make My Trip to select your hotel. One of the best property near Alibag beach is Maple Ivy.
There are around ten beaches in this area where you can go and spend quality time with your family and love. I would like to share details of my favorite five beaches in Alibag. Do not miss any of them when you visit.
- Alibag Beach: This beach is full of people the entire day. Around one kilometer from main bus stand, this beach is having a nice market in its front. You can buy hats from small shops and eat from stalls. There is an old fort called Kolaba Fort right in the middle of sea. You can visit there by hiring a speed boat at reasonable price. Else you can visit here early in the morning and hire horse cart to reach the fort.
- Varsoli Beach: The beach is clean and beautiful. There is sufficient car parking and stalls to eat at the main gate. You can also enjoy sports activities such as ATV ride, horse ride, water scooter ride, and banana ride. All the rides are available at nominal charges. You will find some rocks, where you can sit and enjoy the sunrise or sunset.
- Nagaon Beach: This beach is around 12Kms from Alibag Beach and it is quite isolated. Spend some quality time with your love at this beach while collecting sea shells. There are stalls near car parking where you can eat snacks and drink fresh coconut water.
- Kashid Beach: One of the most beautiful beaches in this area. It is around 35 Kms from Alibag beach by road. Tough the road is not so good, but it is worth visiting this place. Water is so clear that you can even see your feet. So, if you are good at swimming and tides are not so high. Then this beach is perfect for swimming.
- Akashi Beach: The beach is very close to Nagaon beach and is clean. There are not water sports available here. Rather you will find lots of finishing boats. Water is flat and safe to swim.
We wish you a pleasant stay in Alibag. For more details, you can mail us.